Sydney Digital Currency Exchange Ltd (hereinafter “SDCE”) are dedicated to protect and respect your privacy. In additional to this, we are governed by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and more specifically the National Privacy Principles.
However, due to the nature of our website and commitment to AUSTRAC, we will need to collect process and use your personal information but this will be subject to the National Privacy Principles. For more information, please see our AML/CTF policy.
2. The Customer is obliged to keep his personal data correct and up to date.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
When will we collect the information?
SDCE will collect the information when you access our website, open an account or perform any transactions on our platform. For our monitoring purposes and our compliance with AUSTRAC, we may also collect personal information from recordings of telephone conversations between us and you, or your representatives.
Why do we collect this information?
1. Legal and Regulatory Obligations: such as our obligations with AUSTRAC and under the AML/CTF Act. In these cases, we will mostly require information about your identity.
2. Improving our services: we may use the information for our training purposes such as to help improve our services and our platform; ultimately, to make the experience better for our customers.
3. Operation of our website: we may use the information to allow you to operate the site with your own account.
What type of information do we collect and use?
We may collect and use the following information:
2. Photographic Identification (e.g. Passport, Drivers License);
3. Residential Address;
4. Phone number;
5. Email address;
6. Banking details;
7. Date of Birth; and
8. Information about your transactions.
We use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our Platform, for example when you browse our Platform our service provider logs your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages and links accessed and the type of browser used. It does not identify you personally and we only use this information for statistical purposes and to improve the content and functionality of our website, to better understand our clients and markets and to improve our services.
At SDCE, we understand that your privacy is important to you and we will take all necessary steps in order to protect your information from any misuse, loss, unauthorised access, medication or disclosure or any other detrimental act. We will constantly seek to update our security measures but please note we give no guarantee that such misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure or any other detrimental act will not occur.
Retention of Personal Information
SDCE erases the Customer's personal data in principal 1 year after termination of the contractual relationship or when the data SDCE holds of you no longer serves its purpose. A longer retention may be necessary due to guarantee, warranty, or any statutory requirements applicable to SDCE, or for the duration of any legal disputes in which the data are required as evidence or for as long as there are other legitimate interests in retention.